Sunday 22 July 2012

Aimee:
So, we feel like we need to apologize because we still don't have any engagement pictures to show you all. We picked the ones we liked, and then we lost our list, then we picked them again and I've just been lazy and haven't emailed her yet. Hopefully next week we will have them. So we don't really have any pictures for this week. We didn't really do anything that involved taking pictures. But we did do a lot of stuff.

JB:
First of all, we went to do some more ring shopping. We sent Aimee's ring in so they can make the second part of the wedding band.

Aimee:
I miss my ring so bad!!!! My finger feels really weird without it. I'm wearing another ring but the weight is different so it's freaking me out! But hopefully i get it back soon.

JB:
I kind of miss it too. It looks really nice on Aimee's finger. But the other ring shopping that we did was for my ring. I don't have a picture of it yet, but it has a ring of hammered gold in the center with two thin rings of normal polished gold around it. Its pretty sweet. I did learn something about myself though. I am not a fan of wearing jewelry. I spent half the time there trying to get over the fact that I was going to be wearing a ring so that I could focus on whether I liked the ring or not. I think I was driving Aimee crazy.

Aimee:
You weren't driving me insane. I felt sorry for him cause you could see on his face how much he was trying to set all the psycological stuff aside and just look at the ring. I had to ask him very straight forward if he liked the ring, and of course he gets this look on his face that he doesn't like jewelry, so i emphasized liking the ring. Poor guy :(

JB:
And I do like the ring. I'm just going to have to get used to it. It feels really weird. It also didn't help that most of the rings were way too big.
Anyways, Saturday we went to look at two places to live, and we liked both, but the one want August rent and so we can't get that one. They are also both a little out of the way, so we are going to keep looking. In between the viewings though we tried to get a marriage license.

Aimee:
So we get there and the girl starts asking us questions. "What's your name, age, parent's name..." and we get to parents place of birth. JB's stuff was all done. So i told her my Mom was born in Taber and Dad was born in Fort MacLeod. And apparently, Fort MacLeod doesn't exist!!! The system didn't like how we spelled the town name. We even googled it and we spelled it right and the system still didn't accept it. So we have to go in next week between 9:30-4:30 to get them to override the spelling of the name. But both of us work during that time. so we are sacrificing my lunch on friday to try and squeeze it in. Hopefully it all works out.

JB:
So all you Fort MacLeodians beware. Apparently the government doesn't like you.

Aimee:
Then we went on a wild goose chase! For our center pieces we found these adorable little lanterns at the dollar store. But we needed 52. So we cleaned out the Dollarama's in Sherwood Park, St. Albert, and most of Edmonton. But we found all of them. There's probably 20 left in the city! There were 4 different designs but we only wanted 2 of them so all you out there, we left the ugly ones for you! HA!

JB:
We try to be generous. Though maybe not with pictures this week. We got some really funny pictures taken of us at a dance on Friday, but we haven't gotten those back yet. So unfortunately we will have to let you go without putting in a picture. Oh, and the RSVP is now up on the right hand side of this blog. See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment