Sunday 1 July 2012

Aimee:
So this weeks entry is very tricky... i went wedding dress shopping! so i have to be very vague cause JB is right here beside me and we can't post any pictures. We went to Calgary and we made an appointment at Beautiful Bride, but when we got there it wasn't what we expected. It felt like we walked into a funeral home, and their dress selection was terrible. ON line they had 5 lines of dresses and 2 were modest so i picked 14 dresses i wanted to try on. We got there and they didn't have any of the dresses i wanted to try on. They only had about 5 dresses in my size. So i held back the tears and tried on dresses that i didn't like. Then we left and went to another store. Luckily Blissful Bride was across the street, we walked in and started trying on dresses. They had racks and racks of dresses, and i picked 7 dresses to try on in the first 5 minutes of being there. I tried them all on, picked 3 faves, then i chose between the three. Mine is perfect!!!! Okay, vague description... its ivory, it has a train, and its awesome! there, that's the description.

JB:
So I have been nice and quiet this whole time hoping that she would forget I'm here and let something slip, but unfortunately no. Actually, the reason is that of course I wasn't there for all of this. I was busy helping people move and trying not to wonder what the dress looks like. Really I didn't do a lot of wedding prep stuff. I sent out all my requests for addresses, oh, and I bought a queen sized mattress. Friday Aimee saw this awesome deal at the brick and thought we should get it. Then we looked and the deal ended today. So a quick trip was needed. And it really was quick. I tried a few different ones, but the we had seen was the cheapest and it was really nice too. Ya, so a nice slow week as far as wedding prep goes on my side. Kind of nice.

Aimee:
Well, wedding dress shopping was fun, we also went to the Distribution center to get my temple stuff. Talk about a deer in head lights. First my mom bossed me around the store, then we had to temple clothes school,  then I got measured, then we got sent off to find stuff. I was so confused! I haven't taken my temple prep class yet so I was super confused. Luckily my Mom just took over and told me what to get. I have never been so confused or stressed over something I had no idea what i was doing.

But the best part of the trip was on the way home. After a day of shopping people get very tired and end up sleeping on the way home...



Hahahahahahaha, i love being awake when others fall asleep!

JB:
I guess I have to watch out. Aimee seems to be dangerous with a camera. Someday I will get a picture of her sleeping. And hey, if I manage it before the wedding I'll be sure to post.

Aimee:
I'll just have to doll myself up before i fall asleep. Well, that might be a lot of work..... well I guess everyone looks funny when they sleep, so i shouldn't be too worried. If he gets me, its called PAYBACK! 

JB:
Don't worry Aimee, I'll try to get your good side ;)
Well, I think that that is all we have for this week. Next week invitations go out, and hopefully we will have some engagement pictures to post, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment